Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Glasgow Society of Women Artists


It is such an honour to be asked to judge an exhibition.  The Glasgow Society of Women Artists have recently asked me to award two prizes in their upcoming exhibition at The Lillie Art Gallery in Milngavie.



 


 

Originally established in 1882 by eight of the first women students at the Glasgow School of Art, the society now consists of around 150 artists who exhibit regularly in landmark Glasgow venues.

These exhibitions showcase the high standard of GSWA members' work in painting, sculpture, ceramics, textile art and jewellery.  Outstanding work is recognised by nine Awards that are adjudicated by external professionals and usually made every second year when the main exhibition is held at the Lillie Art Gallery.





 



So tomorrow is judging day, and when I think of how much time I spent trying to paint as a teenager and into my twenties, it really is a genuine privilege to be asked to judge artists who's painting talent goes way beyond anything that I was trying to do.


Thank you to the GSWA for asking me.


Thanks for reading!


Natalie


No comments:

Post a Comment