Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Three Person Exhibition

Paintings for the next exhibition have arrived at the gallery!  It's going to be all change soon, which means saying goodbye to an exhibition I love, but it is also an exciting time.

After the current Carlo Rossi RSW RGI Memorial exhibition, we are exhibiting works by three fabulous artists - David Smith RSW, Sian MacQueen RSW and David Martin RSW RGI.



       



David Smith RSW



A three-person exhibition hopefully contrasts, compares and distinguishes each artist. But it will only be successful if each artist has a strong individual style and also the work succeeds in complementing the other artists. I have always found it difficult to define why work from different artists can complement.  But I know it when I see it!



    



Sian MacQueen RSW



I have admired these three artists for a long time.  Their individual styles are strong, yet there is a softness of tone and almost a whimsical take on their subject matter.  All are recipients of various awards in recognition of their outstanding works and I am already getting excited about hanging their paintings together.  



     



David Martin RSW RGI


I never really know how an exhibition is going to look and feel until it is all hung, but I have that feeling deep down that it is going to work well, full of contrasts, complements and distinction.  Just what we want from a three-person exhibition.


This exhibition opens on 12th August.




Thanks for reading!




Natalie




No comments:

Post a Comment