Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Sandy Murphy RSW RGI PAI

As always, I'm very excited to be organising our next exhibition, but this one has been a dream of mine for a long time.  




I first met Sandy Murphy around ten years ago when I was painting full time.  He was my absolute inspiration.  He is a painter of the highest quality.  Whether still life, landscape or otherwise, it's all about the paint and the passion, and I just love this about him.  I feel it when I look at his work, as do many others.  He also has a list of awards to prove it.  Accolades are not necessary of course, but they've been showered on him anyway!   




I am so excited that his work will be viewed at Smithy Gallery by so many people who like me, have appreciated his work for a long time, but also by people who perhaps aren't so aware of his work. 

 



The paintings deserve to be seen and appreciated by as many people as possible.  So I am delighted to be having him as our featured artist next month.  The exhibition opens on 4th September and runs until 16th October.  And while will be showing a selection of work from other artists, Sandy will be the main event, with hopefully around thirty five paintings.




The brochure is at the printers.  If you want to get your hands on one, please email the gallery with your details and I'll post one out to you.


Thanks for reading!


Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment